Friday, February 1, 2008

Homosexuality

Same sex relationships are talked about so much nowadays, that it is absolutely heart warming. Whatever one's opinion about them be, at least they aren't ignored and forced to spend their life in the shadows. But what really infuriates me is when people write off bold "couples", who wish to bring their sexuality out in the open by saying that they're just seeking attention. I mean why would they consciously want to be critiqued and abused. I totally respect such people for finally recognizing that they don’t need to be scared of such a society that isn’t too sure of itself and just passes its time by commenting on others.
When I asked my dad why people in such "queer" relationships made him feel awkward, he said it wasn't their relations, that were unacceptable, but the "unnatural" sex which they indulged in. But the thing which I couldn’t figure out was how it is unnatural. And who said that just coz a majority of the population engages in a particular kind of activity, it is natural or normal. I personally feel that these people give us hope; basically of two things-

  • When we aren't satisfied with the thought of spending our whole life in a relationship with a person of our opposite sex, we still have the comfort of turning to an intelligent and faithful being from the same sex.
    There are so many times, speaking from my own experience, when I’m let down by a guy and even talking things over don't put things into place. It is then that a life with a girl seems to provide the necessary consolation.


  • Secondly, I consider homosexuals as the earth's natural condoms. It is ultimately them who are going to stop the ever growing population from booming even further. Coz if we leave it to the non thinking 'normal’ lot then the world is not going to be enough.

Anyways my/your opinion doesn't really matter. What matters is that such people exist and love it. So please, live and let live.

No comments: